1 hour, 10 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
Rigatoni noodles baked with fresh herbs, vegetables and cheese to mimic a layered cake.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook pasta for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cool water, reserve.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, tomato, spinach, parsley, basil, mushrooms and crushed red pepper until slightly al dente. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain excess liquid and discard. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine marinara, heavy whipping cream and brandy. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Toss with pasta.
- Butter a 9-inch spring form pan with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Dust with breadcrumbs.
- In a circular pattern, place 2 rows of noodles in pan. Top with half of the cheese mixture, then half of the vegetables and finally half of the sliced mozzarella. Repeat.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife along edges of pan before releasing spring form. Remove sleeve and garnish with additional parsley and basil.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen