1 hour, 10 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
Get ready to indulge in a cheesy and delicious pasta dish that will leave you feeling full and satisfied. This baked rigatoni recipe is the perfect comfort food for any occasion, whether you're looking for a cozy dinner at home or need a crowd-pleasing dish for a party or potluck.
To make this dish, you'll start by cooking the rigatoni until it's al dente. While the pasta is cooking, you'll prepare the sauce by sautéing onions, garlic, tomatoes, spinach, parsley, basil, mushrooms and red pepper. Then, you'll mix together ricotta, parmesan and eggs, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Next, you'll toss the cooked rigatoni with a rich marinara sauce, heavy cream and a splash of brandy.
For the last part, you'll butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust it with breadcrumbs. Then, you'll layer the rigatoni in the pan, starting with two rows of noodles and alternating with the cheese mixture, the sautéed vegetables and sliced mozzarella. Finally, you'll bake the dish until it's browned and bubbly, and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with additional parsley and basil.
This baked rigatoni dish is a perfect balance of creamy, cheesy and savory flavors. The rigatoni noodles are perfectly cooked, and the sauce is rich and delicious. The vegetables add a nice burst of flavor and texture to the dish, while the mozzarella cheese on top provides crunchy crust and satisfying finish.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook pasta for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cool water, reserve.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, tomato, spinach, parsley, basil, mushrooms and crushed red pepper until slightly al dente. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain excess liquid and discard. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine marinara, heavy whipping cream and brandy. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Toss with pasta.
- Butter a 9-inch spring form pan with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Dust with breadcrumbs.
- In a circular pattern, place 2 rows of noodles in pan. Top with half of the cheese mixture, then half of the vegetables and finally half of the sliced mozzarella. Repeat.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife along edges of pan before releasing spring form. Remove sleeve and garnish with additional parsley and basil.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen