Grilled Sausage with Rustic Vegetables and Pasta
- Grill sausage until cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté peppers, mushrooms and squash for 4 minutes. Add onion and garlic, continue cooking for 4 additional minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add tomatoes, marinara and black pepper. Reduce heat to low.
- Slice sausage into ¼-inch pieces, add to sauce. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil. Serve over penne. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Liz Mays, A Nut in a Nutshell