1 hour, 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bring a pot full of water to a rolling boil and cook macaroni for 6-8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and reserve in the refrigerator.
- In a heavy bottomed stock pot on medium low heat, cook bacon for 8 minutes. Add onions and sauté until bacon is fully cooked and onions are tender. Add flour and stir to make a roux. Cook until roux turns light golden brown.
- Stir in wine and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a light simmer.
- Combine shredded cheeses, slowly whisk cheese into sauce until thoroughly melted. Add garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat to low, keep warm.
- Season lobster with remaining salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter on medium-high heat. Saute seasoned lobster for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked lobster and macaroni and cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave and fold bread crumbs into melted butter.
- Transfer mixture to a 9x11-inch casserole dish and top with bread crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
TIP: A roux is equal parts flour and butter, cooked. It is a great substitution for corn starch to thicken sauces and soups.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen