- Fill a medium pot with water, bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium saucepan over low-medium heat, sauté chopped bacon until brown.
- As bacon is cooking, incorporate garlic and butternut squash in the pan until garlic becomes fragrant and squash becomes soft. Add a splash of pasta water to the pan to slow down the cooking process of the garlic.
- Hold the saucepan at a slow simmer and add spinach. Add more pasta water to pan if appears dry.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add spaghetti to pan and toss together. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of pasta water to pan. Using tongs, actively stir while slowly incorporating egg and parmesan cheese. Use remaining pasta water as needed if sauce becomes too thick.
- Once fully incorporated, briefly return to heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter, salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen.