1 hour, 20 minutes
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
Enjoy this Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin recipe, a mouthwatering combination of juicy pork loin and smoky applewood bacon. This mouthwatering recipe combines the succulent flavors of pork loin, the smoky richness of applewood bacon and the natural sweetness of maple syrup. With each bite, you'll experience a perfect balance of savory and sweet.
To start, carefully lay strips of thick-sliced applewood bacon side by side on a cookie sheet, allowing the bacon to form a delicious bacon blanket for the pork loin.
Next, place a juicy pork loin on top of the bacon. Seasoned with a sprinkle of salt and ground black pepper, the pork loin is ready to be wrapped in bacon. Carefully wrap the strips around the loin, connecting the ends to ensure the bacon stays in place during cooking. With the bacon seam facing downward, transfer the bacon-wrapped pork loin to a roasting pan.
To add a touch of sweetness, brush half of the pure maple syrup onto the bacon-wrapped loin, enhancing the flavors and creating a delectable caramelization during roasting. The aroma of the maple syrup and bacon fills the air, heightening anticipation for the incredible flavors to come. To keep the roast moist and flavorful, pour chicken broth into the roasting pan, infusing the meat with savory goodness.
To elevate the dish even further, add aromatic sprigs of fresh rosemary and heads of garlic with their tops removed. These fragrant additions infuse the pork loin with irresistible herbal notes as it roasts in the oven. The combination of bacon, maple syrup, rosemary and garlic create a meld of aromatic flavors.
Once out of the oven, let the Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin rest for 5 minutes, allowing the juices to redistribute and the flavors to meld together. This brief period of rest is essential for ensuring a tender and juicy result. Just before slicing, pour the flavorful pan juices over the top, enhancing the dish with a final burst of deliciousness.
This dish is a true crowd-pleaser, perfect for special occasions or a delicious family meal. The bacon adds a smoky richness, while the maple syrup creates a caramelized glaze that enhances the flavors. Enjoy the tender pork loin with each bite, savoring the delightful combination of savory and sweet notes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a cookie sheet, place strips of bacon, side by side, touching.
- Lay pork loin on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap bacon around loin, connecting ends. Turn loin over so the bacon seam is on the bottom.
- Brush the wrapped loin with half of the syrup. Place in the roasting pan and pour chicken broth over the roast. Add garlic heads and rosemary to pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then brush the remaining maple syrup over the top. Bake for 30 minutes more, basting with drippings every 10 minutes. Pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145°. Remove from oven and baste with drippings.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Pour pan juices over top and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen