BBQ Brisket Tacos
- For the pickled onions, add thinly sliced red onion to a glass jar or bowl. Set aside.
- Add apple cider vinegar, water, granulated sugar and salt to a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Whisk together until the sugar and salt dissolve. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the hot liquid over the sliced red onions.
- Let cool down to room temperature, about 20-30 minutes, before using. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- To prepare the tacos, heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Cook chorizo until done, drain and reserve.
- In a small sauce pan, heat refried beans, stirring occasionally.
- Warm brisket according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a hot skillet, heat tortillas for 2 minutes on each side.
- Spread refried beans on tortillas.
- Distribute brisket, chorizo, coleslaw, jalapenos, avocado, cilantro, and pickled onion evenly among the tortillas. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Garnish with lime.
Note: You can make the pickled onions ahead and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks so you always have them ready for tacos!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jose,
ALDI Test Kitchen