4 hours, 10 minutes
Carnitas Burrito Bowl
This Carnitas Burrito Bowl starts with a perfectly flavorful and juicy pork that roasts in your slow cooker. When that’s done, you’ll only need 10 minutes to pull it all together, rewarding you with not only one meal, but also plenty afterwards that can be stored and eaten throughout the week. This recipe saves you time and energy, without skimping on the flavor.
- Place shoulder roast in slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Cook rice according to package instruction. Once rice is done, stir in 1 cup cilantro and juice of 1 lime. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 3/4 cup cilantro and juice of 1 lime. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions, cook for 10 minutes or until soft and onions are translucent. Set aside.
- To assemble: Place 1 cup lettuce in a bowl. Add black beans, pico de gallo, pepper and onion mixture and 1/2 cup carnitas. Top with avocado, drizzle cilantro lime sour cream and garnish with remaining cilantro. Toss together and enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen