Fooled You Rolls
Fool your friends with these BBQ pork rolls disguised as cinnamon rolls.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Microwave pork according to packaging instructions. Stir in barbecue sauce and let cool.
- In a small sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until caramelized, about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift 1 cup flour, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Cut in vegetable shortening, until small granules form. Stir in ½ cup milk, ½ cup cheese and onions, knead until soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, turn out dough and roll out to a rectangle with a ½-inch thickness.
- Evenly distribute cooled pork onto dough. Starting at one end roll lengthwise to create a log shape.
- Coat a 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray. Cut 8 even slices from the log and place in pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add cream and remaining ¼ cup milk, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ½ cup cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic powder and whisk until melted. Season to taste with salt.
- Drizzle cheese sauce over rolls and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen