An epic-sized picnic portion of all the good stuff on top of a beer-soaked brat.
- In a large pot, bring bratwurst and beer to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. If desired, cook on hot grill for 5 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, melt butter and cook bacon and onion for 10 minutes, or until bacon is slightly crispy and onions are caramelized.
- Drain into a large bowl. Reserve. Return drippings to sauté pan.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add potatoes. Cook until crispy, about 15 minutes. Stir in jalapeños and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain on a paper towel. Reserve.
- For the cheese sauce: In a small saucepan, heat cream to a constant simmer and fold in cheese. Remove from heat and stir until melted. Stir in parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- For the coleslaw: In a large bowl, combine vinegar, honey, mustard, lime zest and lime juice. Stir in cabbage, red onion and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, place bratwurst on roll. Top with potatoes, cheese sauce, onions, bacon and coleslaw. Garnish with green onions.
TIP: Coleslaw can be made in advance and refrigerated.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen