Citrus Summer Shrimp Salad
A punch of citrus, Hispanic and Asian flavors in a harmonious shrimp-topped salad.
- Use a peeler to peel the outer skin from the flesh of the mango. Slice around the mango pit to release the flesh. Slice 1/2 of the mango into thin slices, reserve. Large dice the other half and reserve it for the vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, marinate the shrimp in the Teriyaki Marinade. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the diced mango, orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- While the blender is still running, remove the center cap of the blender top and slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream until blended, reserve.
- Working quickly, grill the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side or until shrimp appear opaque and lightly charred. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spring mix, cashews and green onions.
- Pour the citrus mango vinaigrette into the salad mixture. Toss until incorporated.
- On a large platter, layer the salad mixture, red onion, sliced mango and shrimp. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.