10 minutes (plus 20 minutes to marinate and chill)
20 minutes (plus 20 minutes to marinate and chill)
Grilled Avocado Shrimp and Mango Salad
We know that avocado on toast is all the craze, but have you considered grilling them? Now’s your chance, by trying our Summer Shrimp and Avocado Salad recipe. Grilling avocados give you a nice smoky and charred flavor, without taking away from the familiar creaminess of the avocado’s flesh. Pair this with our easy to make shrimp salad, and you’re set for a flavorful meal!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- For the dressing: In a large bowl combine ingredients. Reserve.
- Pierce flesh of avocados with a fork and brush with dressing. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to marinate.
- For the salad: Combine ingredients and toss with remaining dressing. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, allowing shrimp to "cook" in lime juice.
- Place avocados on grill, flesh side down. Grill for 5 minutes, turning half way to form cross hatch grill marks.
- Scoop salad into each avocado. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
Tip: All the components can be made ahead of time. Note that the shrimp will become tough the longer it is in the dressing.
Tip: We also recommend our Fremont Fish Market Jumbo Easy Peel Raw Shrimp for this recipe. Just peel and increase “cook time” by 15 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia,
ALDI Test Kitchen