20 minutes (plus 2 hours to marinate)
50 minutes (plus 2 hours to marinate)
Island Oasis Chicken Salad
Tropical flavors come together to create a healthy, refreshing salad.
- In a food processor, combine mango, lime juice, orange juice concentrate, cilantro, jalapeño and agave. Reserve one cup and place the remaining marinade in a separate medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl and coat evenly. Refrigerate chicken for 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together reserved marinade, lime zest, lime juice, salt and olive oil. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high and oven to 375°.
- Peel and core pineapple. Slice into ½-inch thick slices.
- Place pineapple on grill and cook 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill, dice into ½-inch cubes and refrigerate.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet, discard marinade. Season both sides with salt, to taste. Grill 3 minutes per side to form grill marks. Return to baking sheet and continue cooking in oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Remove from oven, rest for 10 minutes and slice.
- To assemble salad: In a large bowl combine pineapple, avocado, coconut, black beans, red pepper, spring mix and green onion. Add dressing to taste, toss until evenly coated. Top with chicken and serve immediately.
TIP: If fresh mango is unavailable, use thawed frozen mango. Chicken can be marinated overnight to enhance the flavor.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen