1 hour, 10 minutes
Mediterranean Shrimp Salad
Get ready to indulge in a fresh, zesty and savory Mediterranean shrimp salad that's packed with flavor and healthy ingredients. This recipe combines succulent peel raw shrimp with a delicious homemade vinaigrette and a mix of organic spring mix, red onion, cherry tomatoes and scallions. It's perfect for a light lunch, dinner or even as a side dish for a summer barbecue.
Mediterranean shrimp salad is a fresh and flavorful recipe that is perfect for any occasion. This salad features succulent shrimp that have been marinated in a tangy Mediterranean dressing, which adds depth of flavor to the dish. The shrimp is then grilled to perfection, creating a smoky and slightly charred taste that complements the other ingredients perfectly.
The base of this salad is a bed of fluffy, nutty brown rice that has been cooked with a touch of olive oil and salt. This provides a satisfying texture and a neutral flavor that allows the other ingredients to shine. The shrimp and rice are then tossed with a zesty vinaigrette made from fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and extra virgin olive oil. This adds a bright and tangy element to the dish that ties everything together.
To finish the salad, add some fresh spring mix, chopped scallions, juicy cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced red onions. These ingredients provide a refreshing crunch and vibrant color to the dish, making it look as good as it tastes. Finally, sprinkle some crumbled feta cheese over the top of the salad, which adds a salty and creamy contrast to the other ingredients.
This Mediterranean shrimp salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner on a warm day, and it can easily be made ahead of time for a quick and easy meal. Whether you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying recipe to add to your meal rotation or you simply love the flavors of the Mediterranean, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
- Peel thawed shrimp, leaving tail intact. If desired, the tail can be removed completely. Combine shrimp in a medium bowl with Mediterranean dressing and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil, then add uncooked rice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Return to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir, cover pot and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, remaining clove of garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes, and whisk together well. While continuously whisking, slowly drizzle 1/2 cup olive oil into the mixture, creating a vinaigrette.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Working quickly, grill shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side or until shrimp appear opaque and lightly charred.
- In a large serving bowl, combine warm rice with shrimp and remaining ingredients. Then add vinaigrette and toss to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen