1 hour, 10 minutes
Mediterranean Shrimp Salad
- Peel thawed shrimp, leaving tail intact. If desired, the tail can be removed completely. Combine shrimp in a medium bowl with Mediterranean dressing and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil, then add uncooked rice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Return to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir, cover pot and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, remaining clove of garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes, and whisk together well. While continuously whisking, slowly drizzle 1/2 cup olive oil into the mixture, creating a vinaigrette.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Working quickly, grill shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side or until shrimp appear opaque and lightly charred.
- In a large serving bowl, combine warm rice with shrimp and remaining ingredients. Then add vinaigrette and toss to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen