Provencal Chicken Salad
Served on a bed of spring mix or butter lettuce.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup chardonnay, water, 1 teaspoon of salt and Italian seasoning to a boil.
- Add the chicken, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and refrigerate while preparing salad mix.
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons chardonnay, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, remaining salt, pepper and olives.
- Dice the chicken into ¼ inch pieces and combine with the tomato-olive mixture.
- Make a bed of spring mix or butter lettuce and top with the chicken salad. Serve with a slice of garlic bread.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen