Grilled Veggie Primavera Parmesan
A variety of fresh grilled vegetables, baked in a homemade tomato sauce with fresh spinach and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a food processor, pulse together onion and garlic.
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and basil and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with wine. Add tomatoes, vinegar and brown sugar; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season eggplant, squash, zucchini and mushrooms with remaining salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes each side.
- In a 13x9-inch casserole dish, cover bottom of pan with 1 cup of tomato sauce. Layer with grilled vegetables, 1 cup of sauce, spinach, 1 cup of sauce and cheese. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
TIP: Freeze remaining sauce for up to 1 month.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 500 Total Fat 17g Sodium 330mg Total Carbohydrate 66g Fiber 9g Sugars 11g Protein 24g
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.