Spring Veggie Fried Rice
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, return to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, asparagus and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add rice, soy sauce and peas to skillet; cook for 3 minutes. Move rice to one side of pan and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to empty space in pan. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and toss well before serving.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Kristen Doyle, Dine & Dish
Calories 370 Total Fat 14g Sodium 640mg Total Carbohydrate 51g Fiber 5g Sugars 4g Protein 11g
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.