1 hour, 46 minutes
2 hours, 4 minutes
Vegetarian Squash Lasagna
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Coat a deep 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of marinara on the bottom of the pan and set aside. Reserve remaining sauce in jar.
2. On a foil lined sheet tray, add butternut squash, 2 tbs oil, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Toss until squash is evenly coated and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine mascarpone, 1/4 cup parmesan, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tbsp parsley, thyme and remaining salt in a small bowl. Reserve.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté for 7-9 minutes.
5. Add bell pepper, unopened jar of marinara and remaining herbs. Simmer for 4 minutess, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and reserve.
6. To assemble, add a single layer of lasagna noodles into the sauced 9x13-inch pan.
7. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture evenly over noodles. Add half of vegetable sauce, spread evenly and add 1/2 cup mozzarella. Top with another layer of noodles and gently press down.
8. Spread 1 1/4 cup alfredo sauce evenly over noodles, add spinach arugula mix, roasted butternut squash and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Top with another layer of noodles and gently press down.
9. Repeat step 7 with remaining ingredients.
10. Spread reserved jar of marinara over noodles and drizzle with remaining alfredo sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Cover loosely with foil.
11. Reduce oven heat to 375°. Transfer lasagna to oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until noodles are tender. Allow lasagna to sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Tip: Spray the underneath of the foil with cooking spray before placing over your lasagna to help prevent cheese from sticking.
Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen.