Grilled Shrimp and Sautéed Kale in White Wine Cream Sauce
A non-guilty pleasure for that special night!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, shrimp, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Marinate for 10 minutes while grill is preheating.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side, reserve.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti per package instructions.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat, sauté kale until wilted. Add tomatoes, continue cooking until skin pops.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon lemon zest, ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, red onion and sauvignon blanc. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Continue cooking until 1 tablespoon of liquid remains. Add cream and return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, continue cooking until reduced by half. Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- In a large serving bowl, combine shrimp, pasta, kale mixture and cream sauce. Serve with the remaining wine.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen