Cilantro Lime Seafood Stew
- In a 12 quart stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions, jalapeno and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the cooked onion mixture with 2 cups vegetable stock.
- Return the pureed onion mixture to the stockpot. Add the remaining vegetable stock, bay leaves, potatoes, 2 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the carrots and corn, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a blender, puree the cilantro and lime juice. Add it to the pot along with the scallops, shrimp and mussels. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until shellfish is cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen