Blue Cheese Crusted Strip Steak
Blue cheese crusted steak over a bed of balsamic onions.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a small baking sheet, roast the oats for 5-7 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes. Reserve.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill on each side for 3 minutes or until grill marks form. Place steaks on a baking sheet and cook until internal temperature reaches 125° (for a medium steak) or 135° (for a well done steak).
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Reserve.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, blue cheese and heavy cream. Pulse to break up the cheese and until the mixture comes together.
- Once steaks reach an internal temperature of 125°-135°, divide the oat mixture between the steaks and pat it evenly over the top. Adjust oven to broil setting.
- Broil the steaks for 3-5 minutes, or until the crust becomes golden brown.
- Divide the onions among two plates, top with steaks and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
½ cup Millville Quick Oats
2 USDA Choice Boneless Strip Steaks
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon Carlini 100% Pure Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
5 ounces Specially Selected Blue Cheese Crumbles
2 tablespoons Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream