Country Fried Steak
Traditional comfort food without all the fat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, process the cereal into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine cereal crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Set up the breading assembly with the eggs in one bowl and corn starch in another.
- Bread the steaks by dipping them in the corn starch, then egg, then cereal mixture. Place on prepared baking pan and spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 155°.
- For the gravy: In medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened. In a blender, combine beans and milk. Blend until smooth. Add the bean mixture to the onions and bring to a simmer. Add garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen