Cranberry Beef Stew
Sweet and tart tender stew.
- Evenly season the stew meat with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear the stew meat in the oil. Reserve.
- In the same pan used for the stew meat, melt butter. Sauté the garlic, onion, and celery until translucent.
- To make a roux: Stir the flour into the onion mixture and continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the beef broth and Riesling while continuously stirring to prevent clumping.
- Add the cranberries, parsley, ginger, orange zest, bay leaves, nutmeg, and rosemary. Return meat to the mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and braise for 2-3 hours until the meat is tender.
- Remove the bay leaves, season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 1/2 pound USDA Choice Beef Stew Meat
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
2 tablespoons Carlini Vegetable Oil
4 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Minced Garlic
2 onions, diced
6 stalks celery, diced
4 tablespoons Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
32 ounces Chef's Cupboard Beef Broth
3/4 cup Landshut Riesling
6 ounces Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Ginger*
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 dry bay leaves
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Nutmeg*
1 teaspoon dry ground rosemary
*These are Special Buy items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
3 hours, 15 minutes