Cranberry Beef Stew
Sweet and tart tender stew.
- Evenly season the stew meat with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear the stew meat in the oil. Reserve.
- In the same pan used for the stew meat, melt butter. Sauté the garlic, onion, and celery until translucent.
- To make a roux: Stir the flour into the onion mixture and continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the beef broth and Riesling while continuously stirring to prevent clumping.
- Add the cranberries, parsley, ginger, orange zest, bay leaves, nutmeg, and rosemary. Return meat to the mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and braise for 2-3 hours until the meat is tender.
- Remove the bay leaves, season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen