Grilled Steak Fajita Enchiladas
Best of both worlds!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, beer, cilantro and steak seasoning. Add steak and marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and salt. Toast over medium heat for 3 minutes. Slowly add 1 tablespoon oil, tomato sauce, and water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Grill steak for 5 minutes each side; let rest 5 minutes and dice.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add peppers, onion and mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add steak and ½ cup sauce.
- Pour ½ cup sauce into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Dip both sides of tortillas in sauce and distribute 1 cup cheese and filling evenly, wrap up and place in pan.
- Top enchiladas with remaining sauce, then cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen