Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- In medium pan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter; sauté mushrooms until golden brown. Add garlic, onion, celery and carrot and cook until onion is translucent. Add ground beef, continue cooking until browned.
- Transfer ground beef mixture into a 9x9-inch baking dish and refrigerate.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender. Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl. Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Using the whisk attachment for a hand mixer, whip in cream and remaining 8 tablespoons butter until fully combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mashed potatoes over ground beef mixture; top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen