Marinated Steak with Snap Pea Apple Slaw
- For the marinade: In a blender, combine 3 tablespoons vinegar, soy sauce, ¼ cup oil, jalapeño, ginger and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Puree until smooth. Add ¼ cup green onions.
- Pour the marinade into a resealable bag. Add the steak, seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook the steak for 7-10 minutes per side until it reaches 135° for medium rare. Allow to rest 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, ½ teaspoon oil, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, salt and black pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add the snap peas, apples, cucumbers, cilantro, remaining green onions and peanuts. Toss until well combined.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain, plate and top with slaw.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen