Meatball Spinach Bake
Comforting Italian flavors in a cheesy bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with ½ teaspoon salt. Add pasta and cook for
11-13 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water, place back in pot and stir in pasta sauce. Set aside.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool slightly and cut meatballs in half. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, eggs, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- To assemble: Place ½ of pasta mixture on bottom of an 11x13-inch pan, top with ½ of cottage cheese mixture, spinach, meatballs and ½ of the shredded cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the shredded cheese mixture. If desired, top with the extra cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 ½ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
16 ounces Priano Bronze Cut Fusilli Pasta
24 ounces Grandessa Signature Tomato Basil Gourmet Pasta Sauce
16 ounces Bremer Italian Meatballs
12 ounces Friendly Farms Low Fat Cottage Cheese
½ cup Reggano Parmesan Cheese, divided
2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes, divided
2 Goldhen Large Eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
3 cups Happy Farms Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
4.5 ounces Little Salad Bar Flat Leaf Spinach
1 hour, 5 minutes
1 hour, 15 minutes