Pot o' Gold Soup
A blend of Irish flavors, the perfect recipe for your St. Patrick's Day leftovers!
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in onion, carrots and celery and sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add beer and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth, cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add evaporated milk and stir to combine. Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Add corned beef, cabbage, lemon juice, hot sauce, stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
¼ cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1 yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
11.2 ounces Holland Lager 1839
6 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
32 ounces Fit & Active Fat Free Chicken Broth
7 ounces Kerrygold Irish Cheese, shredded*
12 ounces Baker's Corner Evaporated Milk
1 cup cooked and chopped Cattlemen's Ranch Corned Beef Points*
¾ cup cooked and chopped cabbage
1 teaspoon Nature's Nectar Lemon Juice
2 teaspoons Burman's Hot Sauce
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
*These are Special Buy items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.