So Gouda Burger
Update that plain ol’ burger into something memorable!
- Heat grill to a medium heat/temperature.
- Spray a piece of 12x12-inch foil with a little cooking spray, add sliced onion, 1 tablespoon steak seasoning and 2 tablespoons of BBQ Sauce.
- Wrap up corners of foil and pinch together to form a closed basket or ball.
- Place on grill to cook. Rotate "ball" every 5 minutes. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Take a piece of 12x12-inch foil and fold up corners so it looks like a cookie sheet.
- Line foil "cookie sheet" with bacon and place on grill. Cook about 7-10 minutes until done.
- Brush each burger with 1 teaspoon steak seasoning on each side.
- Place burgers on grill. Flip after 5-7 minutes.
- Brush cooked side of the patty with 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce.
- Flip Burger after 5-7 minutes and brush the other side of burger with 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce.
- Flip after 2 minutes to caramelize sauce, flip again and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Then top burgers with 2 slices of bacon, onions to taste, 2 slices of Gouda cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Remove from grill.
- Toast Kaiser Bun on grill for about 1 minute and then spread 1 teaspoon of BBQ sauce on both sides of buns.
- Place "loaded" burger patty on top of bun and enjoy.
- Serve with macaroni salad for a great meal.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen