Soy Braised Beef
- In a cast iron braising pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-low heat.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste. Sear the beef on all sides, remove from pan and reserve.
- Add the remaining tablespoon oil, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute then add the kale, cook until tender.
- Add the soy sauce, beef broth, crushed red pepper and brown sugar. Stir until well combined. Top with the beef, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 3 hours until tender over very low heat.
- Shred the beef with a fork. Add the lime juice and broccoli, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green onions and cilantro. Stir before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen