Teriyaki Stuffed Skirt Steak
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lay the skirt steak on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, butterfly the skirt steak horizontally from top to bottom. Work slowly and keep the knife level with the board, avoid cutting holes into the steak. Continue slicing until the steak can lay flat, but is still attached by the edge. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Grill the mushrooms till tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, green onions, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay the steak on the cutting board with the grain going vertically.
- Evenly spread the mushroom filling onto the steak, pressing in gently. Tightly roll the steak away from you.
- With butcher’s twine, tie the steak roll in 1-inch increments. Evenly season with salt and pepper to taste and brush with teriyaki marinade.
- Coat the grill pan with cooking spray; reheat to medium-high heat. Sear the steak on all sides.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board. Slice into 6 slices, keeping the twine intact. Return slices to the grill pan. Cover with the remaining marinade and bake for 10 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 135° for medium rare.
- Remove the twine to serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen