Top Sirloin with Balsamic Avocado Salsa
Sweet and tangy marinated steak with a tomato, onion, and avocado salsa.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut ends off garlic and place on a 4x4-inch sheet of aluminum foil. Pour one tablespoon olive oil over top and close foil to create a pouch.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until garlic is slightly browned and soft.
- Divide garlic evenly into 2 bowls, about 5 cloves each, squeezing the cloves out and smashing them with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine beer, honey, one tablespoon steak seasoning, yogurt and garlic. Mix thoroughly and pour over steak. Marinate for one hour at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar and remaining olive oil, steak seasoning and garlic. Whisk together. Add onion, tomato and avocado, toss to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill steak for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Working against the grain, slice steak into thin strips. Top with salsa.
TIP: For a summer treat, serve over chopped romaine lettuce for a great salad or with warm red potatoes for a winter dish.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen