Caramelized apple, onion and whiskey stuffed burger.
- In a sauté pan, melt butter on medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add apples, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Sauté until onions caramelize and apple softens, about 10 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with whiskey. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 teaspoon pepper, cumin and chili powder. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Divide beef into four equal portions. Flatten each portion into a thin round. Place half of the onion mixture in the center of each of two of the patties. Top with remaining patty. Press sides together to seal.
- Grill burgers for 6-8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145°. Serve on bun topped with 1 tablespoon blue cheese.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen