Meatball Spinach Bake
Comforting Italian flavors in a cheesy bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with ½ teaspoon salt. Add pasta and cook for
11-13 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water, place back in pot and stir in pasta sauce. Set aside.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool slightly and cut meatballs in half. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, eggs, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- To assemble: Place ½ of pasta mixture on bottom of an 11x13-inch pan, top with ½ of cottage cheese mixture, spinach, meatballs and ½ of the shredded cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the shredded cheese mixture. If desired, top with the extra cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen