Pumpkin Sage Cream Farfalle
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups of water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Cook the farfalle for 12-15 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
- In the same saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced sage. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Add the cheese, stir until melted and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the farfalle to the sauce, toss until coated.
- For garnish: Heat remaining oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry sage leaves until crisp. Transfer with a fork to paper towels to drain.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen