Sweet and Creamy Bacon and Sausage Linguine
A sweet yet savory cream sauce tossed with bacon, sausage and spinach.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare linguine according to package instructions.
- In a large sauté pan, render sausage and bacon. Remove sausage and bacon, leave drippings in pan.
- Stir in chicken broth, butter and honey. Season to taste with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until chicken stock is reduced by half.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until it coats the back of a spoon. Add baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Toss bacon, sausage and linguine in sauce until thick and sticks to noodles. Top with parmesan cheese.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott,
ALDI Test Kitchen