German Style Pierogies
Seared pierogies with summer sausage, kale and apples in a beer mustard sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pierogies according to packaging instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add onion, sausage, kale and apple.
- Cook until browned and kale is soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a large platter.
- In same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add pierogies and brown until crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Place on top of kale.
- Deglaze pan with beer, cook down for 2 minutes. Add remaining butter, mustard, honey and sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over pierogies and serve.
TIP: If pierogies are unavailable, substitute with cheese tortellini.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen