Kielbasa, Shrimp & Black Bean Soup
- In a medium pot over medium heat, brown the kielbasa in oil. Drain oil and reserve.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes with green chilies, black beans, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a large skillet, heat the reserved oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the shrimp, season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve 12 shrimp for garnish. Add the remaining shrimp to the soup. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a blender, puree the sour cream, cilantro and green onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the reserved shrimp and a drizzle of the cilantro cream.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
14 ounces Parkview® Kielbasa, diced
1 tablespoon Carlini Pure Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
32 ounces Chef's Cupboard Chicken Broth
10 ounces Casa Mamita Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
2 15.5-ounce cans Dakota's Pride Black Beans, drained and pureed
Pinch Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
16 ounces Sea Queen Medium Easy Peel Raw Shrimp, thawed and peeled
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup chopped green onion
1 hour, 15 minutes