This is a delicious casserole, great for a cold night.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Lightly boil the spaetzle for 10-12 minutes, drain and reserve.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve. Add onion, apple, salt and pepper to pan drippings. Sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add bratwurst and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Lower heat, add cream cheese and reserved bacon to the pan. Continue stirring until cream cheese is blended. Remove from heat and stir in sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and spaetzle.
- Coat a 9 x 12-inch pan with cooking spray. Add mixture to pan, top with pats of butter.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jared,
ALDI Test Kitchen