Stuffed Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Have a hearty meal that's packed with flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray, set aside. In a medium pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Scrub squash and slice in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, leaving shells 1/3-1/2-inch thick.
- Place squash in a steaming basket, place inside pot, and lower heat to a simmer. Cover pot and steam squash until tender, about 8-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet. Reserve 1 tablespoon. Sauté onions and mushrooms with remaining butter until soft.
- Stir in ham, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Drain squash and stuff with vegetable mixture. Place in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan. Sprinkle mixture evenly covering squash. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon butter over the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
2 medium zucchini
2 medium yellow squash
4 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, divided
1 cup diced onion
10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3 ounces Appleton Farms Breakfast Ham Slices, diced (about 1/2 cup)*
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste
1/3 cup Chef's Cupboard Plain Bread Crumbs
1/3 cup Reggano Parmesan
*These are Special Buy items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.