- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut potatoes into wedges. Transfer to a bowl of water, reserve.
- In a cast iron French oven over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil.
- Season chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Sear chicken on both sides until browned. Remove chicken from pan and reserve.
- Add onions and garlic to pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste.
- Add chicken broth, herbs and remaining 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Transfer chicken and potatoes to the French oven.
- Cover and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in frozen peas. Return pan to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, uncovered.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen