Hawaiian Turkey Burger
Taste of the tropics atop a tasty turkey burger!
- Beat egg in a bowl. Add ground turkey or chicken, oats, crushed red pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, minced garlic and minced red pepper.
- Mix together until incorporated. Divide into 4 even patties, flatten and let sit in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Mix together mayonnaise and BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium/high temperature. Place patties on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes each side until desired doneness.
- Brush oil on slices of pineapple, onion and green pepper, then grill 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Lightly grill the bun and set aside. Spread both sides of the bun with the mayonnaise BBQ sauce.
- When burger is almost finished cooking, place 1 slice of cheese on each patty and continue to grill until melted.
- To assemble the burger, layer the bottom of the bun with the patty with cheese, pineapple, onion, green pepper and top half of bun.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 Goldhen Large Egg
1 pound ground turkey or ground chicken
1/4 cup Millville Old Fashioned Oats
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Crushed Red Pepper
2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup red pepper, minced
1/4 cup Burman's Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Burman's Hickory BBQ Sauce*
1 tablespoon Carlini Vegetable Oil
1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings
1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rings
1 green pepper, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings
4 L'oven Fresh Hamburger Buns
4 slices Happy Farms Pepper Jack Sliced Cheese
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.