Provencal Chicken Salad
Served on a bed of spring mix or butter lettuce.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup chardonnay, water, 1 teaspoon of salt and Italian seasoning to a boil.
- Add the chicken, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and refrigerate while preparing salad mix.
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons chardonnay, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, remaining salt, pepper and olives.
- Dice the chicken into ¼ inch pieces and combine with the tomato-olive mixture.
- Make a bed of spring mix or butter lettuce and top with the chicken salad. Serve with a slice of garlic bread.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Winking Owl Chardonnay, divided
1 cup water
1 ¼ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
8 Kirkwood Chicken Tenderloins, thawed and trimmed
¾ cup diced red onion
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
¼ cup Burman's Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1 cup sliced Tuscan Garden Large Black Pitted Ripe Olives, drained
3 ounces Little Salad Bar Spring Mix or Butter Lettuce