Crispy Po' Boy Sandwich
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 teaspoon paprika, ¾ teaspoon chili powder, the remaining spices, brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss until well coated. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the heavy cream, lemon juice, remaining paprika and chili powder. Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, bread crumbs and remaining salt.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil over low to medium heat.
- Dip the shrimp into the cream mixture, remove. Dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Fry shrimp until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, hot sauce and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble each sandwich with 4 tomato slices, 4 shrimp and a handful of lettuce. Drizzle with the mayonnaise topping.
TIP: For toasted bread, coat the inside of each deli roll with cooking spray and toast on a flat skillet until golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen