Double Stack Tilapia with Cauliflower Mash
Serve with a green salad for a complete meal.
- For the Mash: In a medium saucepan, bring the potato and 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and return to a boil. Boil approximately 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower and potato are soft.
- Drain the vegetables well and add to a food processor along with the cream cheese, garlic and butter. Pulse until the mixture is thoroughly combined, but still contains small pieces. Fold in the parsley and salt. Cover and set aside.
- Prepare the fish: Remove fish from packaging and pat dry. In a medium bowl, combine the masa mix, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Dip the dried fish into the masa mixture, then into the beaten egg, and once more into the masa. Place on a plate; repeat with the rest of the fish.
- In a large sauté pan, heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat until it reaches 375°. Add 4 fillets; cook 3-4 minutes per side until fully cooked. Drain on a paper towel. Repeat process with the rest of the oil and fish.
- To assemble: Place a fillet on a plate and top with ½ cup of mash, followed by another fillet. Repeat with remaining fish.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
½ russet potato, peeled and quartered
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tablespoons Happy Farms Cream Cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
8 Sea Queen Tilapia Fillets, thawed
2 cups Benita Instant Corn Masa Mix or Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
1 ½ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
3 Goldhen Large Eggs
½ cup Carlini Vegetable Oil, divided