Green Tea Poached Salmon
- For the rice: Bring water, 4 tea bags, 1 teaspoon salt, honey and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice, return to boiling. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil. Add onion, carrot, zucchini and garlic. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- When rice is done, remove tea bags and add rice to sauté pan; toss with vegetables and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Season salmon with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, simmer 2 inches of water with remaining 4 tea bags, one sliced lemon and crushed red pepper. Add salmon and simmer for 8 minutes, turning halfway.
- For the pan sauce: In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes then add tea leaves. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add wine and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in honey, cream and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cook for 3 minutes or until thickened. Strain, discard vegetables and leaves, reserving pan sauce.
- Serve salmon over rice with pan sauce, remaining lemon slices and green onion.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen