Grilled Salmon Skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- In a medium bowl, marinate the salmon cubes in the teriyaki marinade for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade, thread the salmon cubes on the skewers.
- Prepare the dipping sauce: In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, crushed red pepper and ginger. Sauté the onions for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Whisk in the soy sauce or vinegar, peanut butter, water and brown sugar. Continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add the green onions.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat, coat with cooking spray. Grill salmon skewers 3 to 5 minutes on each side until seared and cooked through.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package directions. Drain liquid.
- Serve the salmon skewers with a bowl of peanut dipping sauce and a bowl of ramen. Garnish the salmon with chopped cilantro and any drippings remaining from the grill pan.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
2 16-ounce packages Sea Queen Wild Caught Salmon, thawed and cubed
¾ cup Tuscan Garden Teriyaki Marinade*
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Crushed Red Pepper
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ cup Fusia Soy Sauce or Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
1 ½ cups Peanut Delight Creamy Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
2 green onions, chopped
Carlini Cooking Spray
2 3-ounce packages Chef's Cupboard Ramen Noodles Chicken Soup Flavor
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
15 minutes (plus 20 minutes to marinate)
30 minutes (plus 20 minutes to marinate)