Grilled Salmon Skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- In a medium bowl, marinate the salmon cubes in the teriyaki marinade for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade, thread the salmon cubes on the skewers.
- Prepare the dipping sauce: In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, crushed red pepper and ginger. Sauté the onions for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Whisk in the soy sauce or vinegar, peanut butter, water and brown sugar. Continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add the green onions.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat, coat with cooking spray. Grill salmon skewers 3 to 5 minutes on each side until seared and cooked through.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package directions. Drain liquid.
- Serve the salmon skewers with a bowl of peanut dipping sauce and a bowl of ramen. Garnish the salmon with chopped cilantro and any drippings remaining from the grill pan.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen