Lemon, Basil and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Marinated Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Combine quinoa with half of the lemon basil mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine shrimp and remaining lemon basil mixture. Reserve in refrigerator.
- Lay pepper halves skin side down in a casserole dish. Stuff each pepper with ½ cup quinoa mixture and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and peppers are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Add shrimp and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Transfer peppers to a plate and top with 4-5 shrimp each.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen