Pan-Seared Shrimp and Salmon
With lemon butter sauce and vegetable rice pilaf.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream, lemon halves and ½ cup wine to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes; strain.
- Slowly whisk in diced butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Add rice and stir. Cover and simmer for 18 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms and broccoli for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Deglaze pan with remaining wine. Fold in cooked rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the zest of one lemon.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add salmon, cook for 3 minutes per side. Serve on top of rice pilaf.
- In a frying pan, heat remaining oil. Sauté shrimp for 3 minutes, turning occasionally. Cook until pink. Serve alongside the salmon fillet.
- Top with lemon butter sauce and chopped dill.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen