Seared Tilapia with Pistachio & Lemon Cream Sauce
Bright and zesty pistachio cream paired with a seared tilapia fillet.
- Using a food processor, pulse pistachios into a fine dust.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, season with peppercorn grinder and cook until aromatic.
- Add ground pistachios to onion mixture to form a paste, season with salt and cook 3-5 minutes or until the pistachios release their aroma.
- Whisk in cream and turn heat to low. Add lemon juice and zest; season with salt. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until cream is slightly reduced.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to pan, moving the pan so the butter melts and browns quickly. Sear tilapia until browned and fully cooked.
- Spoon pistachio sauce over tilapia before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen