Sugar Cone Fried Shrimp with Coconut Rice
- In a blender, combine the almond milk or milk and coconut flakes. Puree until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the rice, almond milk, apricots and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until al dente. Remove from heat, allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir in cashews and parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Toss with shrimp until lightly coated.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Place sugar cone crumbs in a shallow tray. Dip the shrimp in the egg mixture, then coat with the sugar cone crumbles.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 cups of oil to 350°. Fry the shrimp until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve with coconut rice.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen